Welcome to my blog: My sporadic and/or spontaneous postings of latest jewelry endeavours; sprinkled with family happenings; proud mama moments and things that I simply want to share.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Alchemy of Objects

 I am 2 weeks into a new class being taught online by Deryn Mentock.  Deryn has successfully crafted an online forum to share her tips, techniques and inspire all levels of jewelry artisans.  In this class we are exploring design; there is a focus on found objects.   Each week we are inspired with a specific design challenge to pursue, using our own materials, techniques, and creativity.  Deryn demonstrates her process, experience and techniques through videos and posts in a private area of her website.  Throughout the week we share, post and interact with each other.  From what I can see we have artisans contributing from USA coast to coast, Canada, Europe and Australia.  Kudos to Deryn for crafting a great community and giving us the opportunity to explore, share and learn with each other.

Week One's challenge was Symmtrical Design, option: found object; Week 2: Asymmetry; option: fabric focal.  Below are my results from Week 1 and 2.

I hope to keep up and continue to blog my experience.

Week 1:  Symmetry with Found Object: Bullet Casings

Week 1: Symmetry

Week 2: Asymmetry with Fabric Focal
(I did not have a fabric focal, so self-made rosette from strip of sari silk)

Week 2: Asymmetry

2 comments:

  1. As I told you on FB, your signature style is so uniquely YOU. I always know your work, despite any new techniques you try. Lovely pieces, Marcella. Hope to own one -- with bullet casings -- some day soon. (Perhaps you should drop a hint to my hubby, what with the holidays fast approaching and all.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete