Welcome to my blog: My sporadic and/or spontaneous postings of latest jewelry endeavours; sprinkled with family happenings; proud mama moments and things that I simply want to share.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Bead Soup 2013

I am participating in Lori Anderson's bead soup party (see left sidebar). There are hundreds of participants and Lori (I'm sure painstakingly) has paired us up. We prepare a bead soup for our assigned partner; send it; partner receives and makes something using the stash. Once made, we reveal our finished piece on our assigned reveal date. The beads included in the soup are up to the sender; however it must contain a focal and a somewhat unique clasp.

My partner is Carloyn (http://www.carolynchenault.wordpress.com). We are in the first reveal group; so I had to hop to getting my soup to her. I am in Tucson for the gem shows; so prepared and mailed before I left.

I prepared a little soup that is my latest go source of comfort. I am warmed by the brown/blue/greens, turquoise, soft deerskin leather. The iron focal is a latest fave, as are making clasps: I gave Carolyn a choice of two bronze clasps. Also included are some handmade bronze jumprings. I am keen to see how Carolyn uses some of my favourite things.  Given she received and opened, I can now share with you:



No comments:

Post a Comment