Welcome to my blog: My sporadic and/or spontaneous postings of latest jewelry endeavours; sprinkled with family happenings; proud mama moments and things that I simply want to share.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Canada or Bust Day 2

The Open Road is where it's at.  Whew, driving the RV from Fremont to Orinda and out shaved years off my life.  What a difference a day makes.  Day two; although day one felt never-ending; an end of the build up, and the start of the journey.  

Now sitting here in Winnemucca, NV, 8:30p.m., a full day of driving experience logged, I am ready to take on Day 3.  Somewhere on the east side of Truckee, I had worked up to 75 mph; battled the windy open terrain; good thing we had the extra 100lbs of Ozzie on board, kept from blowing off the road.  My nerves and upper arms got a workout.  By the end of the day I was passing fuel tankers, just short of giving them horn arm pumps.

Time to change hats from Trucker Mom to RV Coordinator and Cook.  Settled into Winnemucca, NV, about 3 hours east of Truckee (drive felt like 6).  Ozzie walked, then a dinner of caesar salad and hamburgers.  All good.

I do have a good team aboard the rig:  My Dad, Jim: an excellent Co-pilot, lane changer and backer upper advisor.  Marcus: a solid Mechanical Engineer, has figured out every switch, pump, hose and how they all work; also a very good Rv Coordinator; packed all the cupboards and can find anything in a snap. John: at the ready to jump in when called upon; mostly today Navigation consultant.  Ozzie is quite attentive; keeping me in his sights, however I think that was more out of fear of being left somewhere.  By 4pm he left my side, and took a snooze. 

So in the words of recently passed Stompin' Tom, we are: "Goin down the Hiway smiling"

I hope to pepper this blog with journey updates; however my Dad will be blogging more consistently.  Check out his blog at:  http://onshamansrock.blogspot.com


The Rig Crew

4pm Snooze

Winnemucca View

No comments:

Post a Comment